Why Local Businesses Need To Be Mobile?
Why local businesses need to be mobile? This question is frequently asked by online business owners recently. While many of businesses are wary of getting mobile, some have actually engaged in mobile marketing as it brings tremendous benefits to their business. Local businesses are getting mobile as it contributes to their marketing efforts allowing their customers to easily find them and buy their products/services. Local businesses must be mobile as the benefits of mobile marketing are actually more to it than you can imagine.
Why Local Businesses Need To Be Mobile: The Significance of Mobile Marketing
- Getting your business into mobile allows you to take full advantage of the increasing trends on the way how consumers use their mobile devices to buy services and products online. You may not be aware of it, but consumers prefer to use their Smartphones to shop for the things they need online, rather than their computers at the office or at home.
- Getting your local business in the mobile web allows you to provide your current and prospective customers with the opportunity to contact you 24/7, with no downtime.
- Businesses with a mobile friendly website can increase the traffic to their business by 20%. This is just from the beginning and the amount of traffic going into your website will increase as more and more people are getting access to mobile web.
- Search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo like mobile websites with mobile domain names. In fact, there is a Google directory specifically for mobile websites that provide relevant search results to online shoppers.
- A mobile website can help attract new customers. When customers search for keywords or related keyword phrase, your mobile site will likely appear in search results. This can help you attract new potential customers, which is important to any business.
- The most effective approach to adding sales for your business is getting repeat customers or making your current customers buy your products/services more often. If you get your business to the mobile Web, you have higher chances of building trust and loyalty between your customers and business. This allows you to help them find the things or information they need using their smartphones.
Why Local Businesses Need To Be Mobile Now?
To understand the importance of getting your business to mobile devices, you need to have a glimpse of the statistics of mobile apps and mobile devices.
Primarily, it has been estimated that there were over 100 billion of mobile devices that have been activated in 2013. The stat shows that more and more people are going to have access to the mobile web. Also, 40% of these mobile phones are Smartphones. This means that these mobile phones can run applications.
Secondly, the number of mobile phones is 4 times as many as laptop computer owners. People no longer rely heavily on their laptop computers at home or at the office as they can use their smartphones to access the internet.
With these stats, it’s clear that local businesses should be mobile. If they don’t do it, they will lose to the ever increasing tough market competition.